Do you know an individual or organization working to shatter barriers to full inclusion for individuals with disabilities? Nominate them for Redwood’s inaugural Celebration of Abilities Awards, which will celebrate and honor those that create engaging and accessible environments for children and adults with disabilities!
Everyone has capabilities that make them unique and empowered. Celebrate those going above and beyond to provide individuals with disabilities opportunities to grow, shatter barriers and shine bright.
Nominations are due by 5 p.m. on March 31 for the following awards:
- Growing Abilities Award – This award recognizes an individual and an organization on the cutting edge of innovative, personalized care that helps individuals with distinct abilities shatter barriers.
- Shattering Barriers Award – This award recognizes empowering employers who demonstrate their commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace for individuals with distinct abilities. These employers focus on what individuals can do so that they can contribute to the success of the community. Two awards will be given for this category, which include a large company (over 500 employees) and a small business (under 500 employees).
- Shining Bright Award – This award goes to individuals with distinct abilities who have overcome barriers and serve as role models to our community. These individuals inspire us by what they can do!
A star-studded panel of judges will help select the award winners:
- Brent Cooper, CEO, Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce
- Nancy Grayson, CEO, Horizon Fund
- John Hawkins, CEO, MPI Consulting
- Sherry Hughes, Director of Strategic Community Engagement, Cincinnati Cancer Advisors; Journalist
- Jodi Keely, CEO, Lovesome Stables
- Nick Krall, General Manager, Cincinnati Reds
- Lisa Lickert, CEO, EMI Network
- Ronnie Marshall, Redwood client
- Colin Mayfield, Anchor, WLWT
The Celebration of Abilities award winners will be honored on June 17 during Redwood @ the Reds with an evening of baseball and fireworks in the Machine Room at Great American Ball Park. Tickets include admission to the game.
Celebration of Abilities sponsorship opportunities are still available. To learn more, contact Sharon Fusco at email@example.com.
Thank you to our presenting sponsor.