Redwood guides children and adults with severe and multiple disabilities to achieve independence and reach their highest potential throughout their lives by providing enriching educational, therapeutic, and vocational services.
Redwood envisions a world where people with disabilities are empowered to flourish, prosper, and achieve the quality of life they deserve.
- We believe that every child and adult, regardless of the severity of disability, has the ability to grow and develop. Our unwavering commitment to fostering ability has helped thousands of people lead better and more productive lives since our inception in 1953.
- We believe it is important to focus on what people can do, not what they cannot do. To that end, our services utilize a strength-based approach to skill building and personal growth.
- We believe in innovation and the importance of pioneering services to meet emerging needs, close service-delivery gaps, and identify new opportunities for independence through technological advances. As a result, Redwood has the most comprehensive mix of disability services in our region.
- We believe in Redwood*ability. This term characterizes the enthusiasm, determination, and "can do" attitude of the children and adults who delight and inspire us as they reach new levels of independence. The phrase Redwood*ability captures not only what we do, but how we do it...with compassion, respect, determination, adaptability, resourcefulness, and wise stewardship.
- We believe in the promise of our mission...a promise to help people with disabilities reach their full potential for an enriched and productive life. Accordingly, we celebrate promise and potential every day at Redwood.
You might also be interested in learning more about our leadership team, our board, our history, or our financials. If you're looking for more information, try our frequently asked questions page or contact us. We'd love to hear from you!